[petsc-dev] Place to capture all our work on GPUs (and ECP ...)

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 10 10:53:18 CST 2019

   Please do not respond to this email: use  https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/issues/490

   Mark Adams has been generating some great information on Summit with GAMG and now AMGx and other people such as Hannah and Junchao generating information important to our education about GPUs and, of course, Karl has worked hard on the next generation libaxb.  Other people as well including Stefano. This work is reflected in email, MR, issues, chats on MR.

   We need a way to capture all this stuff so it is easy to find. Now it is just fragments of knowledge hanging around.

   Any thoughts?

   Some common tag that can be used that can be searched for (tricky with mail, ban email?). Have each GPU discussion/concept/annoucement be an Issue with a label (GPU?) that can be searched for (how do we organize all the previous stuff that was just in email?)

   Use Microsoft's excellent replacement for Slack (no, that won't work).

  Having a website where everyone dumps everything will not work, we'll always forget and it won't have a native format.

   All I ideas appreciated