[petsc-dev] Fwd: [petsc-maint] Looking for info on industrial users of PETSc

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 13 13:41:13 CDT 2019

   Folks,

    We don't currently have a good handle on this. It would be good to be able to produce a strong response. Many industrial users like to keep a relatively low profile on their use of open source software.

    In this case we can't be vague and say oh XYZ uses it (or WYZ used it 10 years ago), we would need either a website or  contact person who could confirm it. World wide is fine. Tao, PETSc4py and derivative packages such as libmesh, Firedrake etc are great too.

    Any thoughts you may have on finding out about such usage and specific cases you know about today would be appreciated

   Thanks

   Barry

   Perhaps users at other labs such as NASA, NIST, etc would be good too.

Begin forwarded message: