[petsc-dev] MPI shared library check broken for a very long time !!!!!!!

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Jul 29 23:41:04 CDT 2019

"Smith, Barry F." <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> writes:

>   I don't know what it means.
>
>   I just know that for several years the result of the test said the MPI libraries were not shared. I don't think that changed anything the rest of configure did.

Can we delete it/

$ git grep '\.shared\b' config
config/BuildSystem/config/packages/MPI.py:    self.shared           = 0
config/BuildSystem/config/packages/MPI.py:      self.shared = self.libraries.checkShared('#include <mpi.h>\n','MPI_Init','MPI_Initialized','MPI_Finalize',checkLink = self.checkPackageLink,libraries = self.lib, defaultArg = 'known-mpi-shared-libraries', executor = self.mpiexec)
config/BuildSystem/config/packages/MPI.py:      self.shared = 0