[petsc-dev] Issues with Fortran Interfaces for PetscSort routines

Fabian.Jakub Fabian.Jakub at physik.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Jul 29 10:13:05 CDT 2019

Dear Petsc,

Commit 051fd8986cf23c0556f4229193defe128fafa1f7 changed the C signature
of the sorting routines and as a result I cannot compile against them
anymore from Fortran.
I tried to rebuild Petsc from scratch and did a make allfortranstubs but
still to no avail.

I attach a simple fortran program that calls PetscSortInt and gives the
following error at compile time.

petsc_fortran_sort.F90:15:27:

       call PetscSortInt(N, x, ierr)
                           1
Error: Rank mismatch in argument ‘b’ at (1) (scalar and rank-1)

Same applies for other routines such as PetscSortIntWithArrayPair...

I am not sure where to find the FortranInterfaces and currently had no
time to dig deeper.

Please let me know if I have missed something stupid.

Many thanks,

Fabian

P.S. Petsc was compiled with
--with-fortran