[petsc-dev] DMCreateMatrix_Shell

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 9 02:17:51 CST 2019

  Hmm, why is this check wrong (though it may be incomplete)? Is there an example where it triggers an error when it shouldn't?

   It is my understanding that the check is there to make sure if the user requested a particular matrix type then it won't return a different type that is unexpected for the user (the AIJ checks are just to handle MATAIJ vs MATSEQAIJ, MATMPIAIJ).

   Barry