[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint] running CUDA on SUMMIT

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 14 17:48:36 CDT 2019

 Mark,

   Oh, I don't even care if it converges, just put in a fixed number of iterations. The idea is to just get a baseline of the possible improvement.

    ECP is literally dropping millions into research on "multi precision" computations on GPUs, we need to have some actual numbers for the best potential benefit to determine how much we invest in further investigating it, or not.

    I am not expressing any opinions on the approach, we are just in the fact gathering stage.

   Barry