[petsc-dev] Schedule for next release

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 14 09:55:39 CDT 2019

  Note that we will be switching to Gitlab CI during the early part of the time frame and this will slow down (stop) the pull request process at times.

  To help the process, everyone could try to do more testing before submitting a pull request. Run with all combinations of complex/real, precisions, languages, 64 bit indices, external packages and compilers.

 1)  Also everyone should get gitlab ids and set their ssh keys NOW.
 2) please try when possible to use the same id as on bitbucket and
 3)  please use your picture  so that everyone will immediately recognize as them so we have an easy time associated the right people
 4)  please send me your gitlab ids and emails so we can quickly get the right invitations out and set up permissions.
 5) It is possible to somehow use gitlab with your GitHub credentials so if you prefer to do that I think it should be fine.

There will be a bit of scurrying around as we change to gitlab and the better prepared we are the better things will go.

   Barry