[petsc-dev] testing in parallel

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:11:16 CDT 2019

The print-test target seems ok wrt race conditions

[szampini at localhost petsc]$ make -j1 -f gmakefile.test print-test  globsearch="mat*" | wc
      1     538   11671
[szampini at localhost petsc]$ make -j20 -f gmakefile.test print-test  globsearch="mat*" | wc
      1     538   11671

However, if I run the tests, I get two different outputs

[szampini at localhost petsc]$ make -j20 -f gmakefile.test test globsearch="mat*"
[..]
# -------------
#   Summary
# -------------
# success 1226/1312 tests (93.4%)
# failed 0/1312 tests (0.0%)
# todo 6/1312 tests (0.5%)
# skip 80/1312 tests (6.1%)

[szampini at localhost petsc]$ make -j20 -f gmakefile.test test globsearch="mat*"
[..]
#   Summary
# success 990/1073 tests (92.3%)
# failed 0/1073 tests (0.0%)