[petsc-dev] Transpose and AXPY

Pierre Jolivet pierre.jolivet at enseeiht.fr
Tue Apr 9 13:45:07 CDT 2019

We are trying to solve a generalized eigenvalue problem with -st_type sinvert using a MATNEST as a RHS and a nonzero shift.
Some Mats in the MATNEST are either created with MatCreateHermitianTranspose or MatCreateTranspose.

MatAXPY (needed by -st_type sinvert) is failing us because there is obviously no MatGetRow for MATTRANSPOSE.
What I would like to do is get the associated matrix and explicitly (Hermitian) transpose it, then call MatAXPY.

Would such an ugly code (that fixes our solver) be mergeable to master https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/branch/jolivet/axpy-transpose#diff <https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/branch/jolivet/axpy-transpose#diff>?
If not, do you have some suggestions?

Thanks,
Pierre