[petsc-dev] NVIDIA cuTENSOR library for accelerating tensor operations

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 18:35:18 CDT 2019

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 7:01 PM Smith, Barry F. via petsc-dev <
petsc-dev at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>    Is this relevant for anything upcoming in PETSc?

Its all dense, so I think its less relevant. The sparse tensor stuff that
Edgar was experimenting
with is much more interesting. Sometimes I think Tensor-Train is
interesting, but that I recover.
Its looks like tensor stuff really could be useful for statistics problems,
but so far I am unconvinced
its useful for physics.

  Matt