[petsc-dev] Would this make sense?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Apr 1 13:31:40 CDT 2019

Matthew Knepley via petsc-dev <petsc-dev at mcs.anl.gov> writes:

> https://ford-foundation-6.forms.fm/digital-infrastructure-research-rfp/forms/4770

"Submissions were due on Jun 13, 2018 at 9:59pm."

> Perhaps we would get funds to
>
>   1) Cloudize our usage, along the lines Jed has been going
>
>   2) Harden the automatic testing infrastructure, maybe incorporate
> performance regression
>
>   3) Bring the tutorials infrastructure into the 21st century

GSoC could be appropriate.  The big issue is people.  Most developers
here are not intrinsically motivated by devops, and people with devops
expertise can make real money so what makes devops for PETSc more
interesting than devops in any other setting?