[petsc-dev] Plex - Metis warnings

Balay, Satish balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 29 16:39:53 CDT 2018

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018, Mark Adams via petsc-dev wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 5:19 PM Balay, Satish <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> > both 'long' and 'long long' should be 64bit.
> >
> > Did this work before - and change today? [i.e due to one of the PR merges?]
> >

> I am not sure, but probably not. I don't always check the makelogs and I am
> just getting this machine/compiler working.

#if defined(PETSC_HAVE_STDINT_H) && defined(PETSC_HAVE_INTTYPES_H) && defined(PETSC_HAVE_MPI_INT64_T) /* MPI_INT64_T is not guaranteed to be a macro */
   typedef int64_t PetscInt64;
#elif (PETSC_SIZEOF_LONG_LONG == 8)
   typedef long long PetscInt64;

Verylikely you have a MPI that doesn't set 'PETSC_HAVE_MPI_INT64_T' - hence PETSc is not using int64_t.

So you might have to just ignore the warnings..

Satish