[petsc-dev] I just removed Fortran support from my development build

Dener, Alp adener at anl.gov
Mon Oct 22 09:58:36 CDT 2018

On Oct 22, 2018, at 8:18 AM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com<mailto:knepley at gmail.com>> wrote:

Jenkins will now catch bad Fortran bindings. However, this is a larger problem. GFortran takes forever to build the bindings. Is it similar for other compilers?

On my MacBook, the Homebrew GFortran 8.2.0 takes 5-8 seconds on `make allfortranstubs`, and ~30 seconds on Fortran modules during `make`. The full compile finishes in about 3.5 minutes total. Doesn’t seem like a very long time to me, but then again I also have a very barebones configuration with only MPI and blas/lapack.

https://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~knepley/<http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~knepley/>