[petsc-dev] DMFOREST repartitioning in PETSc

Saurabh Chawdhary schawdhary at anl.gov
Wed Mar 21 12:26:35 CDT 2018

Hello team,

I haven't used petsc since DMFOREST was released but I have a question
regarding repartitioning of DMFOREST mesh. How is the repartitioning of
mesh over processors done after some mesh refinement is carried out? Is
it done by calling a p4est function or partitioning is done in PETSc?

I was using p4est (natively) a couple of years ago and I remember that
when I tried to partition the grid I could only use the serial METIS and
not the parMETIS with p4est (using a native function
/p4est_connectivity_reorder/). So what I want to know is whether
DMFOREST repartitioning is done in parallel or in serial?

Thank you.

Saurabh