[petsc-dev] PETSc goes Jenkins

Dener, Alp adener at anl.gov
Sat Jul 21 06:42:07 CDT 2018

Hi Jed,

Unfortunately the TAP plugin does not support Multibranch Pipelines, which is what we have to use in Jenkins in order to be able to pluck out Pull Requests. I found an unresolved issue ticket where someone suggested a Jenkinsfile hack to make it work but I didn’t try it yet.

In the meantime, I have a working jUnit XML parser written into report_tests.py and Jenkins is producing very nice test output views with it. A sample is available at this URL<https://petsc-dev.org/jenkins/blue/organizations/jenkins/fedora%2Farch-linux-dbg-quad/detail/PR-1044/14/tests>. We can compare to the TAP plugin down the line and make decisions on what to keep and/or change.

________________________________

Alp Dener
Argonne National Laboratory
mcs.anl.gov/person/alp-dener<http://mcs.anl.gov/person/alp-dener>

On July 20, 2018 at 11:08:03 PM, Jed Brown (jed at jedbrown.org<mailto:jed at jedbrown.org>) wrote:

Karl Rupp <rupp at iue.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Hi Patrick,
>
>> Once tuning is complete, how is one intended to interpret the nice green
>> check marks? "The library compiles" or "All the tests passed"?
>
> So far the green checkmark essentially means "The library compiles". We
> are working towards "All the tests passed", but that requires some more
> tinkering in processing test output. That is, we need to extract
> information about failed tests and present that in a prominent way.

Our tests produce TAP.

https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/TAP+Plugin