[petsc-dev] GAMG error with MKL

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jul 7 19:35:22 CDT 2018

   The number of people who are using PETSc with HPF for well thought out reasons is the same size as the number of people using OpenMP with PETSc for well thought out reasons.

   That said, as you saw in a previous email, I have no problem with pull requests that provide some "OpenMP usage" in PETSc so long as it is reasonably well thought out and not intrusive (and hopefully has examples that document the benefit).

   Barry