[petsc-dev] GAMG error with MKL

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Jul 5 22:31:43 CDT 2018

"Smith, Barry F." <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> writes:

>      You could use your same argument to argue PETSc should do "something" to help people who have (rightly or wrongly) chosen to code their application in High Performance Fortran or any other similar inane parallel programming model.

If a large fraction of existing and prospective users were doing that,
we'd be thinking about whether they were gone forever or could be
supported by PETSc.  Good libraries make minimal assumptions about the
environment they are run in.  Threads may not provide any value to us,
but users make decisions based on lots of concerns that may or may not
include what is best for PETSc.