[petsc-dev] [petsc-users] Error during PETSc build on Edison

Amneet Bhalla mail2amneet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 22:46:18 CST 2018

The configure and build worked. When I do make test, it asks to run
snes examples manually as nersc does not
provide mpiexec command. I tried an interactive session and tried building
snes/examples/tutorials/ex3

% make VERBOSE=1 ex3

I am getting stuck at

apbhalla at nid03377:
~/softwares/PETSc-BitBucket/PETSc/src/snes/examples/tutorials$ make
VERBOSE=1 ex3

cc -O3  -o ex3 ex3.o
-L/global/homes/a/apbhalla/softwares/PETSc-BitBucket/PETSc/linux-opt/lib
-Wl,-rpath,/global/homes/a/apbhalla/softwares/PETSc-BitBucket/PETSc/linux-opt/lib
-lpetsc -lHYPRE -ldl -lstdc++

I am not sure what's going on as there is no return after that.

--
--Amneet