[petsc-dev] style guide

Kokron, Daniel S. (ARC-606.2)[CSRA, LLC] daniel.s.kokron at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 20 10:21:14 CST 2018

Developers,

I am working with a CFD code that makes heavy use of PETSc.  The case spends most of it's time dealing with 9x9 matrices.  I spent some time adding kernels for dealing with 9x9 matrices under src/mat/impls/baij/seq.  I have also re-written chunks of src/vec/vec/impls/seq/dvec2.c to reduce memory transfer requirements.  Overall, I'm seeing about a 10% speedup for this case.  I'd like to submit these changes for inclusion into a future release.

I have followed style guide excepts that I still have a few chunks of code in several 'include' files located under my src/vec/vec/impls/seq directory.  They currently have names like Case3.c and Case16.c.  Should I just move these to the top level include directory and be done with it or convert them to 'defines' and put them in some other location?

Daniel Kokron
NASA Ames (ARC-TN)
SciCon group