[petsc-dev] [petsc-users] Error during PETSc build on Edison

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 1 10:01:21 CST 2018

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018, Amneet Bhalla wrote:

> OK, I am now trying with INTEL compilers (as the GNU didn't seem to run the
> snes example manually).

What error do you get? Are you refering to the 'gethostbyname'
warning? You can ignore it. It shouldn't affect your run.

If you really want to get rid of it - you would have to edit
PETSC_ARCH/include/petscconf.h [after configure is run] - and remove
the lines related to PETSC_USE_SOCKET_VIEWER

And then rebuild the libraries.

> Now I am getting error with fortran and C++ linkage. See the configure.log

/tmp/petsc-pUSgZ5/config.compilers/cxxobj.o:(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

You need an additional option 'LIBS=-lstdc++'

Satish