[petsc-dev] MatDiagonalScale default implementation

Hapla Vaclav vaclav.hapla at erdw.ethz.ch
Fri Dec 7 04:36:14 CST 2018

Yes, this would a good option as well.

Also nice it would be easy to distinguish "implicit" matrices, where people shouldn't expect e.g. MatGetRow() to work, as subtypes of shell...

Vaclav

On 7 Dec 2018, at 11:28, Stefano Zampini <stefano.zampini at gmail.com<mailto:stefano.zampini at gmail.com>> wrote:

I think the best solution is to have mattranspose, matnormal and similar to be subclasses of matshell

Il giorno Dom 2 Dic 2018, 02:23 Smith, Barry F. via petsc-dev <petsc-dev at mcs.anl.gov<mailto:petsc-dev at mcs.anl.gov>> ha scritto:

   I am fine with you giving this a try. I fear it mostly just moves the complications from one (several :-)) places to a different place but.

    Barry