[petsc-dev] Install location for MPIUNI mpi.h

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 25 19:19:35 CDT 2018

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018, Jed Brown wrote:

> Bitbucket keeps saying "Something went wrong while creating your pull
> request." but you can look at the branch
>
> https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/branch/jed/mpiuni-include/maint
>
> @balay Can we simply remove the MPIUNI includes from MPI.py or should we
> remove it later?

Best to remove now - to check if there are issues?

also Fix mpif.h usage code?

There is also mpi.mod - that might need renaming [to comply with not installing in /usr/include?]

So rename to mpiuni.mod? [and rename mpi.h to mpiuni.h etc?]

Looks like this change is more of a 'master change'..

>  What --download packages are supported when using
> MPIUNI?  I don't see any examples.

Yeah - our tests are basic here. I don't remember if any externalpackages compiled with mpiuni

Satish