[petsc-dev] nested timers transfers and reductions

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Mon Apr 9 04:37:49 CDT 2018

Hi Barry,

I've put the functions and fortran bindings in the attached
files. In our code, we use them as follows:

  CALL mpi_bcast(value,1,MPI_LOGICAL,iproc,MPI_COMM_WORLD,ier)
  IF(ier/=0) CALL tracing_abort('ERROR in bcast logical root !')

  IF (iproc==thisprocess) THEN
     ier = PetscAdminSend(1*(nprocesses-1),MPI_LOGICAL)
  ELSE
     ier = PetscAdminRecv(1,MPI_LOGICAL)
  END IF

I also noted that you changed the treshold from 0.1% to 0.01%, so
I tried to change it as a user with PetscLogSetThreshold, but
this function seems not accessible to users (and there's no
fortran version or manual page).

Chris

dr. ir. Christiaan Klaij  | Senior Researcher | Research & Development
MARIN | T +31 317 49 33 44 | mailto:C.Klaij at marin.nl | http://www.marin.nl