[petsc-dev] nested timers transfers and reductions

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Fri Apr 6 05:22:14 CDT 2018

Hi Barry,

In our version of the nested timers, we had the functions
PetscAdminSend, PetscAdminRecv and PetscAdminReduce. So I was
expecting to find them at the end of the file
petsc-3.8.4/src/sys/logging/xmllogevent.c but apparently
you (re)moved them?

We basically used these functions to fill the transfer(GiB/s) and
reductions/s columns of the log just like we use PetscLogFlops to
fill the compute(Mflops) column for our registered events.

How should I do this with the petsc version of the nested timers?

Chris

dr. ir. Christiaan Klaij  | Senior Researcher | Research & Development
MARIN | T +31 317 49 33 44 | mailto:C.Klaij at marin.nl | http://www.marin.nl

MARIN news: http://www.marin.nl/web/News/News-items/Application-of-potential-flow-methods-to-fast-displacement-ships-at-transcritical-speeds-in-shallow-water-1.htm