[petsc-dev] upcoming release and testing [v2]

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 21:11:03 CDT 2018

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 9:05 AM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 8:58 AM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> master builds have been clean for the past 2 days [except for some
>> timeouts]
>>
>> http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/archive/2018/
>> 04/04/master.html
>>
>> However next is still not clean [slightly better than previous build]
>>
>> http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/archive/2018/04/05/next.html
>

> I think I know all the fixes. I cannot do it until tonight at the
> earliest. One of them,
> FETIDP, is an indentation fix.

Okay, I pushed fixes for everything I saw except:

  1) The weird ex56_1 bug. This is only due to feature-dmfield, and its
very strange that this
      logic error appears on only some arches. Toby is looking at it, but
it should not hold
      the other branches.

  2) The restart problem for ex12. This involves something I do not
understand about the test
       system, namely leaving files for another test. Again, this does not
happen everywhere, and
       the error is just a missing file.

  Matt