[petsc-dev] upcoming release and testing

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 1 11:24:15 CDT 2018

PETSc developers,

I've change daily/nightly tests to have 3 tests every day [from the current 2 tests]:

- next
- next-tmp [can change this test slot as needed]
- master

Please note the time/schedule of these tests http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/

next; run everyday 12am to 7:30am Chicago time
next-tmp; run everyday 8am to 3:30pm
master; run weekdays 4pm to 11:30pm

[I haven't yet added back 'maint' - will do it at some point]

Plan is to test branches in next-tmp before merge to master so:

Please do *not* merge any feature branches from next to master without additional testing via next-tmp.

If you think a branch is ready for merge - let me know - and I'll schedule it into next-tmp

Also - please look at breakages in master [without a clean master - its difficult to know when feature branches in next/next-tmp are clean. And when feature branches from dirty next are merged to master - master gets more broke]

I'll try to send follow up emails on master brakages.

Notes about next-tmp:

- for now only I have push access to it [so that I can test selected feature branches with it, and reset it as needed]

- it will be 'latest-master + a few test branches' and updated with 'push -f' [i.e not a continuously updated branch like next]

Thanks,
Satish