[petsc-dev] *unwind* next branch

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 08:22:27 CDT 2017

On 27 September 2017 at 16:18, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> commit 8e80f76617739c84d1b952f9d3f7b8e359e84079
> Merge: b5178cece8 5fbebc36b8
> Author: Lisandro Dalcin <dalcinl at gmail.com>
> Date:   Tue Sep 26 12:36:39 2017
>
>     Merge branch 'dalcinl/add-tsrestart' into next
> <<<<<
>
> Well I was looking for branches that were already tested in next. [i.e
> branches that get merged sometime before midnight CST get tested by
> 9:00AM CST]
>
> And there is always a next release.. [likely in a couple of months -
> for some of the currently in progress features]
>
> Jed suggests - updates can go into 3.8.1 - if there are 'no
> incompatible interface changes' [but thats harder for me to verify for
> non-bugfix changes]

This suggestion truly means that we can ADD public functions and
#defines to maint ?

--
Lisandro Dalcin

4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
al-Khawarizmi Bldg (Bldg 1), Office # 0109
Thuwal 23955-6900, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
http://www.kaust.edu.sa

Office Phone: +966 12 808-0459