[petsc-dev] ParMETIS change

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 13 09:03:42 CDT 2017

   We made the policy change to always by default to use single precision ParMetis instead of making it depend on the precision of PETSc.

   The savings is about memory usage, not about speed. Plus Jed says that nothing ParMetis does is affected by using single precision.

   is there a reason you cannot just have your code use single precision related to ParMetis?

   Barry