[petsc-dev] *unwind* next branch

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 12 20:52:22 CST 2017

Petsc 'next' branch users,

I've recreated 'next' branch - and have a backup for current 'next' at next-nov-2017

[This is eliminate some binary files - that got inadvertently
added. next-nov-2017 will be deleted at a later time]

So (next branch users) please do the following (in all your git clones):

git checkout master
git fetch
git branch -D next
git checkout next

Note: If you continue to use old next - you will see a merge conflict
on include/petscversion.h. This indicates that you should delete your
next. [.i.e  *do-not* resolve this merge conflict]

Hopefully we will keep next more usable by not merging untested code

[recommend testing with 'make alltests DIFF=PETSC_DIR/bin/petscdiff']

You might take this as an opportunity to rebase any branches you might
have before merging them to next again.

Thanks!
Satish

------
Ref: current (partially and fully) merged branches in old next

$ gitreadytomergeincomplete
  origin/barry/fortran-PetscSFBcastBegin
  origin/barry/remove-petscdatatype-dmgetworkarray
  origin/barry/snes-view-display-fd
  origin/knepley/feature-adaptor-plex
  origin/tmunson/tao-pounders-fix-code