[petsc-dev] nightlybuilds (next vs next-tmp)

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 12 11:14:41 CST 2017

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017, Jed Brown wrote:

> If we get basic testing before merging, the only breakage in 'next'
> should be the more interesting interactions.  Most days should be clean.

This is what I've been sayin [in all the emails yesterday - wrt
improving current next testing]. Sure my suggestion was manual testing
[as it doesn't need additional infrastructure]. Your suggestion is
setup automated testing.

Sure..

One of my earlier suggestions was: everyone have their own 'next' or
'test' branch. And then one could automate testing on that branch via
pipelines. [or travis-ci].

That was rejected at that time "next is for testing - I'll merge it to
next and expect my changes to be tested!"

Satish