[petsc-dev] proposed minor PetscPartitioner changes

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 6 07:24:56 CST 2017

   Vaclav,

      Actually you should not just do this! PETSc already has a full class for managing partitioning (that Matt ignored for no good reason) see MatPartitioningCreate(). Please look at all the functionality before doing anything.

     Any refactorization you do needs to combine, simplify, and cleanup the two interfaces to create one simpler one. And please let us know your design ideas (with for example an issue on bitbucket) before you go ahead and write a lot of code we may end up not liking.

     Thanks for looking at this,

   Barry