[petsc-dev] Recover from TS failure

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Wed Nov 1 19:11:24 CDT 2017

> The last relevant output you've shown me is SNES failing a bunch of
> times as the adaptive controller attempts to shrink the step size and
> retry.  If you fixed that problem, you need to tell me.  If not, THAT is
> the problem you need to fix.

That is the problem I am trying to fix. Note, I am also adapting the time
step when the solver converges but talks a lot of iterations. Thus, no need
for recovery.

It is the SNES failure, recover, cut time step, try again, that I am
working in now.

> Did you read about -ts_error_if_step_fails on the man page

Google, and found the command line args

> for the
> functional interface I just cited?

Sorry, I missed this cite and used 'git grep' to see that it was there
(Matt sent me the SNES version today so I knew what to look for).