[petsc-dev] PETSc statistics

Sean Farley sean at farley.io
Thu Jun 8 23:21:18 CDT 2017

Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> writes:

> Sean Farley <sean at farley.io> writes:
>
>> Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> writes:

>>> It would be fascinating to know how often people issue pulls.  For
>>> example, we really have no idea how many people track 'master' or
>>> 'next', but daily pulls, particularly those not at exactly the same time
>>> each day (e.g., cron/nightly testing versus issued by a human) would
>>> help give a picture.
>>
>> Fair enough. Attached is a new PDF with that data. As you mention,
>> though, there's no good way to tell a pull is from a bot.
>
> Unique IP?  Doesn't help for on-demand CI systems, but would be relevant
> to institutional machines.

Sure, I can do unique ips if you want. Previously, you wanted "how often
people issue pulls". If I do two pulls in one hour, how would you like
that counted? Two pulls in one minute?

Did you also want forks?

If you can come up with database-like queries / well-defined metrics /
questions, I can do my best to get that for you guys. Ping me on chat /
IRC (#bitbucket) if you want to talk real-time without the delay.