[petsc-dev] higher-order coordiate fields in DMPlex

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 23:21:02 CDT 2017

>> Can Cubit produce MED or be converted to MED?  I haven't used it, but it
>> sounds like there is some mesh generation software available for it.

Cubit does not support MED out of the box (as of 15.0). They may have
a plugin, not sure.

> Gmsh can convert anything it can read to MED I believe.

I have not used meshes in MED format but I think it doesn't
handle/represent solid geometries.

GMsh uses OpenCascade primarily under the hood. AFAIK, they've been
using it for a while. So they should be able to load step/brep/iges
format through the OCC interface. But if we are talking about meshes,
then they may have a MED format writer that preserves second-order
accuracy in meshes. In which case, their native "msh" format may
support this too.

Vijay