[petsc-dev] configure failure

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 11:21:40 CDT 2017

Toby, this is from the p4est configure:

o---------------------------------------
| Checking MPI and related programs
o---------------------------------------
checking whether we are using MPI... yes
checking whether we are using MPI I/O... yes
checking whether we are using MPI_Init_thread... yes
checking for mpiexec... no
checking for mpirun... no
configure:                             F77 set to ftn
configure:                              FC set to ftn
configure:                              CC set to cc
configure:                             CXX set to CC
checking whether the Fortran 77 compiler works... yes
checking for Fortran 77 compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling...configure: error: in
`/global/u2/m/madams/petsc/arch-cori-knl-opt-intel/externalpackages/git.p4est':
configure: error: cannot run Fortran 77 compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details

Mark, gets us
/global/u2/m/madams/petsc/arch-cori-knl-opt-intel/externalpackages/git.p4est/config.log

http://www.caam.rice.edu/~mk51/