[petsc-dev] Issue with Lapack names

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Mon Dec 18 11:30:25 CST 2017

I find the following definitions in petscconf.h, which are wrong because the corresponding subroutines are present.

#define PETSC_MISSING_LAPACK_UNGQR 1
#define PETSC_MISSING_LAPACK_HETRS 1
#define PETSC_MISSING_LAPACK_HETRF 1
#define PETSC_MISSING_LAPACK_HETRI 1

This did not happen in 3.8, it is due to this change:
https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/b8695a4a8c7

So now one cannot use PETSC_MISSING_LAPACK_UNGQR to protect a code that calls LAPACKungqr_

This is related to a message I sent 2 years ago to petsc-maint "Inconsistent naming of one Lapack subroutine", where I advocated renaming LAPACKungqr_ --> LAPACKorgqr_. But that thread did not end up in any modification...

Jose