[petsc-dev] QR factorization of dense matrix

Franck Houssen franck.houssen at inria.fr
Fri Dec 15 04:47:40 CST 2017

Coming back on that question: does BVOrthogonalize works also with distributed matrices ? Or only sequential ones ?

This works fine with sequential matrices :

Mat Z; MatCreateSeqDense(PETSC_COMM_SELF, n, m, NULL, &Z);
... // MatSetValues(Z, ...)
BVCreate(PETSC_COMM_SELF, &bv);
BVCreateFromMat(Z, &bv); // Z is tall-skinny
Mat R; MatCreateSeqDense(PETSC_COMM_SELF, m, m, NULL, &R);
BVOrthogonalize(bv, R);

If it could be possible to got this to work with distributed matrices, do I need to replace PETSC_COMM_SELF with PETSC_COMM_WORLD all over the place, or, only for Z and bv ? (the doc says R must be sequential dense)

Franck