[petsc-dev] Bad tags

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 23 13:33:14 CDT 2017

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> > We went through this delete cycle a few times already - and they keep
> > coming back.  Tags - once in wild - will never die :(
> >
> > Hope bitbucket has a way to control the push of tags..
> >

> > Matt,
> >
> > Perhaps you still have some clones with 'push.followTags' enabled - and
> > they need to be fixed?
> >
> > Note: - I think these tags came in through a PR
>

> I only have two clones. I just deleted tags in them. I am sure I did this
> before.

Matt - its primarily about the push.followTags config in your
~/.gitconfig or .git/config in your clones.

As far as I know - you are the only one with this config enabled.

Even if you delete tags in your repo - you might get them from other
repos, with a pull - and then they get pushed to bitbucket repo - due
the the above git configure that you have enabled.

Satish