[petsc-dev] [petsc-users] FindPETSc.cmake expects petscvariables in wrong location

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 11 11:13:27 CDT 2017

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017, Barry Smith wrote:

> > On Apr 11, 2017, at 10:43 AM, Joachim Wuttke <j.wuttke at fz-juelich.de> wrote:
> >
> > The PETSc FAQ recommends to use the FindPETSc.cmake module
>
>    Jed,
>
>        Is it time to update the PETSc FAQ and remove the "recommendation"?  I thought you had developed a simpler way of handling that does not require cmake?

Can I use CMake to build my own project that depends on PETSc?

Use the FindPETSc.cmake module from this repository. See the CMakeLists.txt from Dohp for example usage.

So its just a recommendation for cmake users?

 For regular use - we recommend using petsc makefiles. [and once we
have a decent pkg-config infrastructure - we could swith to
recommending that..]

Satish