[petsc-dev] p4est configure error

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 7 10:27:06 CDT 2016

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016, Tobin Isaac wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 03:16:40PM +0200, Mark Adams wrote:
> > p4est on Edison configures in w/o debugging, although I have to run
> > configure twice.
> > But with debugging it fails.  I can not see any difference between the two
> > configures other than debugging.
> > Mark
>
> The log shows that you are configuring a p4est commit (3d3e1) that is
> before the one I pushed specifically to avoid the fortran
> configuration error (f54bb3).  Please clear the git.p4est directory,

Rerunning configure should use the appropriate git snapshot [assuming
the appropriate self.gitcommit is listed in p4est.py].

With externalpackage git repos - 'nuking' should be rarely required..

And to use a different commit than whats listed in 'self.gitcommit' - one
can use --download-PACKAGE-commit='newcommit'

Or manually update/fix the repo sources and use --download-PACKAGE-commit=HEAD

Satish