[petsc-dev] clash of --download-xxx with something in /usr/include /usr/local/include

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 27 14:16:32 CST 2016

> On Jan 27, 2016, at 2:10 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> BTW: Wrt /usr/include [or /usr/lib] - one should not pass in this
> location ever to configure [as its a default compiler search path].

   Of course, but this is not relevant here.

> Not sure if its possible for configure to check and error out. [ in
> some cases - one needs these paths - if the compilers - c, c++,
> fortran - do not share the same default paths..]

   I am just suggesting compile a file with #include <Hd5xxx.h> with no additional search paths (so it only checks the default locations) and if the compile succeeds we know there is an install of h5d that could cause problems.

    I am not suggesting turning off default locations or anything like that.

   Barry