[petsc-dev] MKL issue

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 08:09:03 CST 2016

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 9:11 PM, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:
>
>> Stefano Zampini <stefano.zampini at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Just for the records:
>> >
>> > I have an installation using the MKL distribution of scalapack but it
>> >  doesn't use IntelMPI
>>

> I don't understand your comment.  MKL ScaLAPACK is build against Intel
> MPI, Open-MPI and (maybe) SGI MPT.
>
> Because of MPICH ABI compatibility (https://www.mpich.org/abi/), you
> should be able to use the MKL ScaLAPACK libraries compiled against Intel
> MPI with MPICH, MVAPICH2, Cray MPI and any other late-model MPICH
> derivative, so long as the binary representation of MPICH objects does not
> change (e.g. MPI_Status object).

What I meant is that if one doesn't know this and resolves the blacs names
needed by scalapack by just linking against libmkl_blacs_lp64.a (which is
legitimate), then he or she could have such problem, because the
MKLMPI_Get_wrappers symbol is apparently not needed (just searched for by
using libdl calls).