[petsc-dev] configure error

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 29 10:56:36 CST 2016

> On Dec 29, 2016, at 10:03 AM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> I suspect blaslpack along with mpi cannot be installed in batch mode anymore.

   This is nuts!  It should be able to build blaslapack. And it certainly shouldn't just chug along without a big error message instead of pretending the option was not set.

   Presumably batchBodies is only set before the reconfigure?

   So here it skips the download before, that is ok,

  def checkDownload(self):
    '''Check if we should download the package, returning the install directory or the empty string indicating installation'''
    if not self.download:
      return ''
    if self.framework.batchBodies:
      return

   Here it skips configure, and if this is only the first time it is ok

  def configure(self):
    if self.download and self.argDB['download-'+self.downloadname.lower()] and not self.framework.batchBodies:
      self.argDB['with-'+self.package] = 1

   These are the only two mentions of batch in package.py so maybe batchBodies is always set? Then we need a different way
to know if it is before or after the reconfigure.

 Barry