[petsc-dev] Open PRs to be merged for release 3.7

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 24 12:12:09 CDT 2016

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

> On 24 April 2016 at 18:38, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 Apr 2016, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:
> >
> >> Satish, I have two open PRs ready to be merged into master (already
> >> merged into next). As you are in charge of making the release, I did
> >> not want to step on you, so I'll not make the merge into master until
> >> you acknowledge. Or just merge them yourself through the Bitbucket
> >> interface.
> >
> > Lisandro,
> >
> > Looks like I won't be able to merge then for 3.7.
> >
> > If the API reviewers [Jed, Barry] says that API isn't changing - then
> > I'll schedule them for 3.7.1. [If not - they can be 'master' features]
> >

> Barry agreed in petsc-dev ML to get these new features in. This is
> because of your premature update of 'maint' branch?

I was hoping for a feature freeze - by my maint branch merge.
[and Barry agreed to that :). See the text of the post: "[petsc-dev] plans for PETSc release"]

Irrespective the maint issue - the changes are not yet tested in
next. Even if its tested in tonights next - they would be untested in
maint/master.

So I can't  do both - merge them tomorrow and spin a tarball tomorrow.

> PS: These two PRs are forward compatible: they add new APIs, but do
> not modify previous ones in any way.

Then there should be no problem with scheduling them for 3.7.1

one issue : does Jed consider changes to
include/petsc/private/tsimpl.h as API/ABI change and object..

Satish