[petsc-dev] broken options handling with intel 16.0 compilers on mac OS

Blaise A Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Wed Sep 16 10:13:27 CDT 2015

Hi,

I am testing intel 16 compilers under mac OS, and notice that options handling for all past and current versions of petsc is broken in fortran (options are not parsed).
I narrowed it down to *argc at start.c:168 always being 0 when intel 16 is used (but taking the right value using intel 15 or gcc 5), but I can’t find my way through the multiple macros to figure out what is really the matter…
The problem does not seem to arise under linux with the same compilers.

Any idea of what is going on? Any test I can run to help (I assume that you don’t have a test box with the latest intel compilers)? Is it a petsc bug or an intel bug?

I use an up to date pets-dev master, and the configure.log file is available at https://filestogeaux.lsu.edu/public/download.php?FILE=bourdin/89329uFByT9

Thanks,

Blaise

--
Department of Mathematics and Center for Computation & Technology
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA