[petsc-dev] Bug in MatShift_MPIAIJ ?

Eric Chamberland Eric.Chamberland at giref.ulaval.ca
Wed Oct 21 13:54:03 CDT 2015

On 21/10/15 02:21 PM, Barry Smith wrote:
>    Thanks. I don't think I need the Icount but. I think I can just generate an error if the FILE and LINE don't match exactly?

Barry, I highly recommend you to use the static counter too otherwise
you won't catch the following bug:

if all processes should call "n" times the same line of code (then the
same __LINE__ and __FILE__) but one process do not make the right number
of call...

Also, it is not a big deal to have this static value in a function, so
it shouldn't be a big issue...

Eric