[petsc-dev] problems with shared libraries and pragmatic.py

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Oct 15 16:08:31 CDT 2015

>> What is lib pragmatic?
>
>    I have no idea, but it is in PETSc so needs to be tested or deleted.

Wow, those Imperial guys sure have a way with language.

  PRAgMaTIc (Parallel anisotRopic Adaptive Mesh ToolkIt)

https://github.com/meshadaptation/pragmatic

>>  Can you include the verbose link line for
>> libpetsc.dylib?  (Delete it and "make V=1".)
>
> $ make V=1 gnumake
> Building PETSc using GNU Make with 7 build threads

I don't see anything weird here.  It seems exactly analogous to
libparmetis.dylib, but something (evidently not in the link line) is
causing it to be treated differently.  Secret Apple "feature"?

> BTW: pragmatic is built with cmake, could that be messing it up somehow?

Conceivably, if it is somehow linked in a different way from
libparmetis.dylib.