[petsc-dev] Do we still need to support python 2.4?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 13 14:26:26 CDT 2015

   This depends on what (prehistoric) distributions of Linux are still commonly used that only have 2.4. In our experience many users still use very old distributions and asking them to "upgrade" is not likely to be successful since the users don't control the machines they use.

  This is why we kept 2.4 I think we need to keep 2.4 support

  Barry