[petsc-dev] Mac OS X El Capitan does not propagate DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH from parent process

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Oct 7 15:32:42 CDT 2015

"Andrs, David" <david.andrs at inl.gov> writes:
> ​It looks like it​ when the compiler is invoked from an interpreter (like
> bash or python). If we run clang from the command line directly, it works
> fine.

From the documentation page, it sounds like

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=x ./foo.py

will not propagate the variable, but

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=x /usr/bin/python foo.py

will propagate it because /usr/bin/python is not a script (starting with
#!).  Is this true?

How are you invoking the compiler from Python?  (In particular, is
Python calling execve directly or is it passing a command line to a
shell to expand and execute?)