[petsc-dev] Clang configure

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:46:37 CDT 2015

Everything now flat-out fails for me using Clang unless I give

   -Qunused-arguments

This is because -fPIC is unrecognized, and this is because Clang
puts a warning message out on stderr that says some include directory
was not used.

Where does this gets fixed? Do we start filtering stderr, which is
problematic,
or do we try to detect this particular failure and give a good error
message?